Monday, March 16, 2009

Still Digging

A week later and I'm hanging on by my fingernails. There's a very good chance that I am depressed. So, I am surrenduring to that probability and giving up the impossibly high standards I had set for myself in getting ready for this production. I'm just going to do the best I can do at this moment. In another time and another place I could probably do better but - not this time. I'm back to basics - learn the lines, learn the music, learn the blocking. Hopefully, a miracle will happen. I console myself with the knowledge that I got a pretty damn good Opera News review when I was on the highest dosage possible w/o hospitalization of Serzone and still hearing voices. So, it's possible that good enough will be good enough.

1 comment:

Are You There God? It's Ann-Margret said...

I hear ya sister. Hopefully we'll give each other inspiration too :) I know in KMK you ALWAYS inspired me....your voice and the control you have is truly like listening to an Angel sing. It's going to get warmer soon...and I think that'll help us both out.
XOXOXO
vel

My own little place to explore my creativity and imagination