Thursday, October 29, 2009

5 Things

1. HALLOWEEN!!! One of my all time favorite holidays. I loved it as a kid, the dressing up and going out after dark. It was so much fun and seemed so magical - without all the pressure and hype of Christmas. I still like it for many of the same reasons. Now I like to see the kids whooping and hollering through the fallen leaves on their way to my door. Trick-or -Treat!!

2. My favorite Halloween movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas. I was singing in Orlando when they finished this up so I got to see the private screening in Orlando. I was enchanted by Tim Burton's wonderfully creative world and it has remained a favorite ever since.
3. My favorite jack-o-lantern idea this year. It makes me giggle.



4. Aren't these Halloween cupcakes just adorable? I found these at Le Cupcake. Go take a look at these and all of the other beautiful and imaginative cupcakes. Cupcakes as art.


5. Finally, what's Halloween without costumes??!! This made the rounds on Facebook and I got a kick out of it. I must have been a 5 year old boy in another life. Check out some more fun homemade costumes here.

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N ! ! !

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Lots of Halloween goodness here...I love the pumpkin idea!! My almost 18 year old is in his final year of high school and he and his friends are dressing up on Friday -- the whole school does (to a certain degree) and this is the first year he's done it -- "it's a grade 12 thing mom"....ookkaaay.....he's got a banana costume!! Good grief!!! :)

Kim said...

Oh I am all smiles & happy dancin' on that!!

My own little place to explore my creativity and imagination