Thursday, July 2, 2009

5 Things

1. Libraries!! I love libraries. I have been able to find almost every book I've ever wanted to read on a variety of subjects and all for free. I get to try out new authors without plunking down $20, I get to read all about film making or how to play the violin or gorge myself on poetry or even try new music & movies. I write down "libraries" in my gratitude journal at least one a month. I can't believe more people don't take advantage of them.

2. Thanks to
Skype I have been able to chat with my family and see their smiling faces. I've been able to watch my little nephew as he acts out a story for me and see the new things my brother has purchased for his apartment. And again - FREE.

3. I use these inexpensive
Mead sketchbooks for my everyday journal. I can write in it, sketch or even paint. I also like that the cover isn't plastic so I can gesso over it and make my own design. I see they are temporarily out of stock - I hope that doesn't mean they are going to discontinue them.

4. This probably isn't for everyone but this little byte called
"The Dream" featuring Wanda Sykes makes me laugh every time. As does this clip of from Friends of Ross doing his impression of a valociraptor. We all need a giggle every now and then and these are sure fire for me and my warped sense of humor.

5. I get an email sent to me everyday from the
Daily OM so each day I get an inspirational message about how to live a more conscious and compassionate life. It's a free and simple way to remind myself of the life I want to be living.

No comments:

My own little place to explore my creativity and imagination